If you’ve seen the articles on I’ve written on Social Listening, you are now ready to start thinking about what type of content to produce.
It’s important to understand the different types of content that exist so you can decide which types best suit your brand.
By paying attention to how you present your content allows you to make your content digestible, of the optimal length, etc. for maximum engagement. It is much easier to keep these things in mind before you start creating content vs trying to reshape an article afterward.
Social Listening will help prepare you for generating the right content out of the gate when you are first building your Amazon audience.
When you are ready to make the content to grow your Amazon audience the process can also be broken into 3 simple steps:
1) How is the topic best communicated to your audience? Blog article, video, broken up short posts. etc?
2) Look at the content list below and get ideas on delivery of the message.
3) Create content to win.
Content Examples for Amazon Audience Building
1) Call to Action Post: Play on emotions and get the reader to take a specific action
Example: Tell your Amazon audience about a cause related to their niche and run a flash sale to donate the proceeds to a helping charity.
2) Case Study: Share proof of concept or a journey someone took to give insight to your audience if they are on a similar path.
Example: If you are selling in the pet category on Amazon then share a study about how to quell anxiety in new puppies.
3) Caution Post: Give your audience an example of what not to do.
Example: Tell your amazon audience about how using common items in the niche can ruin the item or worse. People love “you didn’t know” posts.
4) Checklist Post: Provide step by step solutions to a common problem.
Example: How to make content for your audiences like I’m doing in this article
5) Contest Post: Run a giveaway to boost engagement.
14) Newsjacking Post: Make a post taking a contrary position to a popular topic in the media.
Example: How Kanye West got press coverage by meeting with President Trump.
15) News Report: Write a news report about something relevant to your brand.
Example: Gentler formulas found in new makeup brands on Amazon if you are in the beauty niche that you started as a trend.
16) Personal Story: Share a lesson with your audience that comes from personal experience.
Example: I often tell people with little to no experience in selling online to start with small orders so they can get an idea of how business runs before spending their savings on a ton of inventory. This comes from me blowing $100s of thousands of dollars my first few years in business figuring it all out.
17) The Polarizer Post: Take a strong position on a topic relevant to your niche or brand